Elder Hyrum Snell

Elder Hyrum Snell

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

09/15/15- This Mission is Hard, but It's Worth It...Because God is Worth It!!!

Hey, thank you all so much for the emails and the love that you all continually send to me each and every week. I'm very sorry to say that this week I have literally no time to email, as I am heading out on a split in a few minutes and was also not able to email last night due to a P-Day activity that (while being fun) went wayyy long. And it was also on the opposite side of town. So, needless to say, I have about five minutes or less at this point in time to email.

So, I will answer questions as quickly as possible. Firstly, I saw Elder Francom on Tuesday, Thursday, and yesterday! Yes I got the book and the letters, and Andry was EXTREMELY grateful for the book, as that will help him teach a more effective English class. Also, I will send pictures next week, many of which are of him and me.

Anyway, secondly, I have not really learned anything new to cook as of late. We mostly eat at a cheap hotely near our house because it works much better with our work schedule, as we do not have barely any time to cook at our house, as that takes much longer.

Thirdly, Zone Meeting was good, and we had great discussions on training and how to be more effective trainers and trainees and missionaries in general. Elder Delbar and Kelsch (our Zone Leaders) did a great job.

And lastly, my mom asked about things that we have discussed as a companionship recently that I would like to share. The other day, I had a great discussion with Elder Leo about change. I have seen time and time again here on the mission where God has been changing me. I have truly become a different person here on the mission; one who is more converted, more driven, and more motivated to follow Him. And that is our purpose here on life: to change, and to become more like God. And we can only do that by allowing Him to change us. We, as imperfect beings, cannot change ourselves to become like Him, but only a being of His power and perfection has the ability to lift us higher and above what we normally are.
 

I know that what I am doing is God's work. I know this, not because others tell me that it is, but because God tells me so. He is constantly giving me impressions and blessings of spiritual promptings throughout each week that what I am doing is His will for me. If it weren't for that, I couldn't do this. I'll be honest. The mission is hard. But it's worth it because GOD is worth it. His work is worth it. And I know that what I am doing is His work here on earth. I know the church is His kingdom on earth, and that Christ's gospel is truly the way and the path that we can return to Him and obtain glory, salvation, and exaltation, together with all the people that we love and care for the most. I know this is true and hope you all feel the spirit of my testimony. But don't take my word for it: take His. Ask Him. Pray. And come to know for yourself whether or not God truly does love you enough to have sent His Son to die for YOU. I know that God did that for us all so that we all can return to Him in the end and become glorified beings in one, big, eternal family.

Love you all. Stay strong. Don't give up, and don't ever ever quit. The reward that awaits us at the end is worth it. 

Am-pitiavana sy fahazotoana,
Elder Snell