Elder Hyrum Snell

Elder Hyrum Snell

Monday, December 7, 2015

12/07/15- A Very Unexpected Change!

Hey all! I don't have a whole lot of time, and my mom didn't ask any
questions again, so this is going to be a bit of a short email.

This week has been pretty crazy, so I will tell you all about it. On
P-Day, President Foote stopped by with the AP's, and we played
basketball with them which was way fun. (For the record, the
Fianarantsoa team beat the Presidency team, so yeah.) And then they
left for Toliara, and we resumed our normal life in Fianarantsoa. But
then, on an that unassuming Wednesday morning as I was making
pancakes, President Foote called. He said "Hey Elder Snell, we're
currently on our way back up from Toliara. We'll be passing by
Fianarantsoa, and would it be all right if we came by and picked you
up and took you to Tana? I've got some work and a special assignment
for you." On my end of the line, "What?" And then silence.

So, long story short, I am currently in Tana, and will be heading out to
Tamatave later today. My assignment is that I am what President Foote
called a "traveling assistant" or "the SWAT Team" as he playfully
said. In short, I will be helping the AP's out with splits, and doing
some "training" (not really, but more like going on splits for moral
support) with the missionaries there. I'll be honest, I am very
excited to go to Tamatave again, but I am pretty bummed out that I
left Fianarantsoa so quickly. I loved that area! I also miss my companions,
Elder Ahlstrom and Obioma. They were awesome! But, now I guess I need to
move on, and President Foote has other plans in mind for me. But we
will see where the next few weeks take me, because I honestly have no
idea where I will be staying after my one week trip to Tamatave.
So, I will keep you posted!

I know there's nothing really spiritual in that email, so I'll just
bear my testimony right now, since that's about all I have time for. I
know the church is true! I know that it is God's work that I'm doing.
If you still have doubts, then find out for yourself. Ask. Pray. And
you will see.

Love,
Elder Snell

Pictures with some people on the side of the road on my ride back to Tana

Pictures from my ride back to Tana

Pictures from my ride back to Tana
Members from the Anjanahary Ward, which is where Elder Mack works,
and where I've been working the past little bit.


Elder Mack, Coleman,
and I hanging out in the office because we couldn't do anything else
for a while.

Elder Mack warming himself by the fire

Elder Mack in a Santa costume
Picture of me with some members

Picture of me with some members




A picture of when our roof fell in
in Fianarantsoa due to wind.
This picture just makes me laugh!