Elder Hyrum Snell

Elder Hyrum Snell

Monday, November 30, 2015

11/30/15- I Am Thankful!

As a new youth song that Elder Obioma loves says, "It's good to be alive." That is definitely the case. I am so grateful for my opportunity to be alive right now and to have so many wonderful opportunities, as well as so many incredible friends and family (that's you, FYI) that support me in my mission. I am very thankful for you all. Thank you all for everything you do. I hope you feel my love for all of you.

This last week has been quite good. We got a lot of good work and improvement done as we have focused on leaders and teaching them how to be leaders (as that is what this area needs), and that has been going quite successfully.

I'm also grateful for getting into better shape physically, as I've been continuing to work out with Elder Obioma. It's pretty intense though, I will say that. For example, last Tuesday we did one thousand squats in half an hour. I may or may not have had to hobble to all of our times that day, but it's probably fine... :P Anyway, with that I'll go into my mom's questions.

First off, the weather here is pretty great in the mornings and evenings, but gets a little hot in the middle of the day. But it's great, I like it. It also rains very hard here pretty often, as we are getting into the rainy season.

Secondly, our Thanksgiving ventures. Again, Madagascar does not celebrate Thanksgiving, but it's okay. Elder Ahlstrom, Obioma, and I celebrated Thanksgiving on our own by having a homemade dinner of chili, fry bread (similar to scones), and little cups of ice cream we got from a gas station down the road. It may not have been turkey with stuffing and gravy, but it was pretty good.

Now lastly: what am I thankful for? Better question: what am I not thankful for? I'll take out the time now to list off the things that I am most grateful for in my life.

I am grateful for:
  • My life
  • My health
  • My mission, which continues to change my life every day
  • My companions, who help me daily to become a better person and a more effective servant of the Lord who is willing to be obedient
  • My mission president, who leads by an example of love
  • An incredible family who loves and cares about me, and shows that with diligence
  • An amazing mother who has sacrificed her time and efforts to help me get to where I am now
  • An awesome dad who showed me what it means to be a worthy, humble priesthood holder
  • Great sisters who taught me how to love
  • Incredible aunts, uncles, and cousins who all have helped me in countless ways throughout my life
  • Wonderful grandparents who have made sure that I know their love for me, and have shown me what it means to have charity
  • Spectacular friends and neighbors who have been there to help me every step of the way, through all the thick and thin of it
  • My greatest friend and ally, who is Jesus Christ, My Savior, who lived for me, suffered for me, and laid down His life for me, so that I (and ALL other people) may live once again. I am most grateful to Him for what He does for me on a day to day basis though, that I might be qualified, changed, and supported in all that I do because of His grace and love for me.
  • I am grateful for the gospel that gives me the opportunity to grow, change, and progress to become someone better than I have been, so that I might one day return and live with my Father in Heaven once more.
Those are a few of the things I am most grateful for, though the list could go on and on. I hope you all know that I truly am grateful for those things, and I know that what I have said is true.

Thank you all for being wonderful, and I hope you have an amazing week!
Am-pitiavana sy fisaorana,
Elder Snell

Service on P-day

Before the big game with Pres. Foote




The game!


After the big game


P-day Picture with Pres. and Sister Foote



Me with my companions Elder Ahlstrom and Elder Obioma



Fianarantsoa skyline



Fianarantsoa skyline
Super cute member kids