Elder Hyrum Snell

Elder Hyrum Snell

Monday, November 2, 2015

11/02/15- Allow God to Make Us Into What He Knows We Can Become


 A NOTE FROM MOM: Since Hyrum has been in this new area, I have noticed, as I am sure you have as well, that his emails have become quite a bit shorter with fewer pictures. He mentioned to me that they are extremely busy doing all they can to strengthen the two branches in their area. Hyrum and his companions have shortened their time in the cybers so they can get more done. He is truly losing himself in the work. I can't think of anything I would want more!

Dear Mom and everyone,

This last week was one of the best weeks of my mission, even though we did not do a whole bunch of missionary work, and that was because we were in Antsirabe for Zone Conference. But, zone conference was absolutely incredible. I felt the Spirit very strongly, and it helped guide me in the way that God wants me to do His work here in Fianarantsoa. That's one thing I've learned as of late: it's great to feel the Spirit and all, but we need to focus on what the Spirit is trying to tell us. The Spirit always has a goal in what God wants us to do, and so we need to listen closely to the Spirit when we feel it in order for us to understand and apply what God is trying to tell us. Because He is always trying to tell us something. There is always some sort of goal or end in mind.

But anyway, what we normally do for P-Days here is email, buy all the food for the week, and also take care of business that we can't normally do during the week. We are normally pretty busy on p- days, so that is why my emails tend to be a bit short.

My spiritual thought for the week would be about conversion, as that is something we have been working a lot with as of late. Conversion is literally the process of our giving our hearts to God and letting Him change us. If we don't give our hearts to Him, then He can't force us to change. We need to let Him do so, and allow Him to make us into what He knows we can be. So what is the one thing God wants that He does not yet have? Our hearts, and our will. But, if we give that to Him, then we will have the wonderful opportunity to be made into what we can truly become, and obtain our full potential. I have seen this process begun and seen it change not only my investigators but me as well.

Sorry this email is so short, but I don't have much time, as I said. But anyway, I love you all, and hope that you all have a great week!

Am-pitiavana,
Elder Snell



Antsirabe Zone

Antsirabe Zone Conference