Elder Hyrum Snell

Elder Hyrum Snell

Monday, October 26, 2015

10/26/15- If Truth is Spoken, the Spirit Will Be There

Manakory aby o! How are you all doing? It was good to hear from those who emailed me this week, and was good to hear how everyone is doing. I personally am doing pretty well out here in Fianarantsoa, and things are going pretty good as far as the work goes. Nothing really new or anything, but the new area is much different than any of my past areas, that's for sure. But anyway, I will go ahead and start in on the questions of the week.

First off, Elder Bednar was indeed in Madagascar this last week, and at first he was planning on meeting with all the missionaries in the mission, and everyone from far away would fly in. But, then his schedule changed, and we were unable to do that. So I will be honest that I am a bit bummed that I missed a chance to hear from Elder Bednar in person, but I guess that's life. Next time.

Secondly, as far as the best part of my week, that would be seeing the incredible recent converts that there are in this area. There are several people who are just incredibly converted to the gospel that have been baptized only in the past year, and they are already participating in church and helping make changes for the better.

Third question: We are cooking a ton more than we did in the last area. I have actually only eaten out once in the entire time that I've been here. I've been trying to get creative with what I make so I don't get tired of it all. There are several places where I can go out to eat, but my companions don't really like to, so we mostly just eat at home.

For the fourth question: I have been getting a lot more flea and mosquito bites in this area, even though I've been using repellent and everything. They just like me so much that they keep biting me and they don't even care about the repellent. So in short, I have been getting a lot more bug bites in this area than in the past areas.

Now for the last question: The time that I felt the Spirit strongest this week was just in teaching some lessons to our recent converts that I was talking about. First of all, they just get it. They get the gospel, and understand how it works. The lessons just went so well with them. We talked about families and God and how He loves us and how everything He does for us is out of His perfect love for us. It was just one of the best lessons I've ever been in, and the Spirit was so strong there. I wish all lessons went as good as that one did. It was absolutely incredible, and I know that my telling of it is does not do it justice. I know that if truth is spoken and paid attention to, then the Spirit will be there.

Anyway, I hope you all have a great week this week. I'm sorry that my emails have been short as of late, but I will write as best I can.

Love you all!
Elder Snell


A nice view of about a fifth of our area. Yeah, it's big!
A spider that Elder Obioma caught.
A picture/characature that Elder Obioma drew of me. :P They just can't get my nose right!