Elder Hyrum Snell

Elder Hyrum Snell

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

9/4/14- Just Send Donuts :)

September 4, 2014

Hey Mom (and everyone)!

I hope everything is going well at home. It seems to be the case! Things are still going well here at the MTC. If anyone wants to hear directly from me, please feel free to write me or send me an email, which I will respond to on my P-Day (Thursday). Yes, Mom, I did get your package. Thank you for your thoughtfulness (and just so you know, I actually love nuts but don't like fruit leather or trail mix too much... Just thought you'd like to know :). Most of the other guys in my district have been getting things like Krispy Kreme donuts and such, so it's been kind of funny showing off my trail mix and Annie's graham bunnies. XP

But anyway, enough about the challenging trials I'm facing. ;) This week has been good, and pretty much just like last week. I've really had a good time though, and the language has been coming along great. I can now write any type of sentence in Malagasy, and can almost bear my complete testimony from memory, but not scripted, just normal speaking. It's a really cool experience, and I know that the gift of tongues is real, and I have been blessed with it. It's kind of funny, because in class, lots of the Malagasy guys come to me to ask questions, rather than the teacher, because they know I understand most of the things that have been taught and can kind of explain it more effectively on their level. It's really quite funny. But just yesterday our teacher told us that he has now taught us everything we need to know to be fluent in Malagasy, and all we need to do is memorize more vocabulary. So that's nice to know that we've learned pretty much everything, because learning vocabulary is easy enough. Some of the words are pretty hard to remember though, because of their length. For instance, Sorompanavotana is Atonement. But I've taken time to learn that one because (surprisingly) it's kind of important. I KNOW from the incredible Spirit here that I am on God's errand. He truly has called me to teach the people of Madagascar, and I know that I have a wonderful message for them that can and will change their lives if they choose to accept it and open their door to Christ, who is always knocking.

Thanks for all the support everyone! Veloma, sy Mazotoa (goodbye and remain diligent)!
Elder Snell




This is my buddy Elder Chairman Liao (aka Big Money). He's one of our Zone Leaders.

This is of our teacher, Bro. Bingham, who is also our investigator "Rakoto Jean."

This is of me and my man Elder Nick Pettit at the temple

This is a selfie with my Australian buddy Elder Arthur (pronounced Ahh thuh).

This final picture is of some of my district members pointing to Madagascar on the map (going from left to right, Elders Stringfellow, Cooley, Glazier, Mack, me, Tiu, Price, and Godfrey.