Elder Hyrum Snell

Elder Hyrum Snell

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

9/11/14-Half Way at the MTC

September 11, 2014

Hey everyone!

I got Ruth's letter. Ruth; you are adorable. :) I LOVED getting your letter, it was so sweet and made my day. Thank you so much. Bethany; thank you for my email, I really enjoyed it, and was so happy that everything is going so well for you! Hannah; congrats on the first date. ;) Have fun at Homecoming, I'm sure it will be a blast! And Mom and Dad; thank you for everything and for your support. I love you guys and hope for the best for all of you!

This week is my halfway week at the MTC and, as "great" as the MTC is, I'm VERY excited to head out to Madagascar. I may not be completely ready with the language, but I don't think I ever will be until I get there. And so I am stoked to get out there and start spreading the gospel. This week has definitely been the most spiritual week for me, personally. I have felt the Spirit very strongly this week, especially with the teaching of my teacher Brother Bingham. He is an incredible teacher and has helped me so much with the language and with my teaching skills. I feel that I am already a better teacher because of the things he has helped me do in our role plays. I have been able to teach upwards of half an hour long lessons completely in Malagasy now, but the biggest blessing I've gained now is a greater comprehension of the language. I have had a fairly easy time speaking the language and remembering the vocabulary, but haven't always having the easiest time understanding the language when it is being spoken. And so, for the past week, I've been praying multiple times every day to gain a greater comprehension from the gift of tongues. And now, after a week of praying and just this last lesson, I was able to understand everything our proxy investigator said. Now, I didn't understand every single word he said, but I was able to understand the gist of what he was saying every time he said something. And another miracle that happened in that lesson was the fact that I was able to respond to his questions and comments completely, which has always been something that everyone has struggled with. And so that was a huge blessing this week, that my companion and I were able to do that. I know that God is here for me, and is helping me every step of the way. I am one of His missionaries, spreading His gospel throughout the world. This is truly a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I pray to make the most of it.

Sincerely,
Elder Hyrum Snell


This is me with Sister Talise Hinton. Great to see another familiar face!

Me with Elder Zach Jarvis, who is on his way to Jamaica.

Me with Elder Easton Williams, another Davis High-ite. :)

This is a cool half underwater half out of the water picture I took at the temple while trying out how well the waterproofing on my camera worked. I thought it looked pretty cool, so yeah. :)