Elder Hyrum Snell

Elder Hyrum Snell

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

9/18/14- MTC Schedule

September 18, 2014

Manahoana from the MTC! I hope life is treating everyone well! This week has been pretty good, like all the other weeks as well. Little bit of an update is that I've been a bit under the weather for the past few days, just with a headache and cold, nothing too big (don't worry mom). Now, to answer questions:
1. No, I have not bought the hand sanitizer yet, as they are about $8 apiece for like a two ounce bottle.
2. I am rotating through all my shoes, yes, and they are all comfortable in their own way. The Rockports are most comfortable to sit in, the Hush puppies are the most well-rounded comfortable shoes, and the Keens are the most comfortable to walk in. So, about even I'd say.
3. I can't think of anything really important that we didn't pack. I haven't come across anything that I'm missing, so I think we're good!
4. I know where to buy a phone card, but not really sure how they work. I will look into it.
5. I have used a few things from the first-aid kit, but I can't seem to find where the NyQuil and DayQuil are. Could you enlighten me to their location, mom?
6. I have played the piano, once, in our priesthood meeting. They like to rotate around with who plays.
7. I have gotten all the DearElder letters, don't worry, I swear I said something about them just in the last email. Ah well. But anyway, yes, I've gotten them all and I really appreciate the support I've gotten from everyone.
Anyway, now to my week (don't worry mom, my answers to your questions are not the entire email). But there really isn't much to say about the past week. We literally do the exact same thing every week here. And just to show you how difficult it is to come up with something new to say each email, here is my schedule:
6:30 Wake up and get ready
7:15 Breakfast
7:45 Classroom Time
11:35 Lunch
12:20 Classroom Time
3:20 Gym Time
4:50 Dinner
5:45 Classroom Time
9:30 Personal Time
10:30 Lights out and bedtime
And that's what we do every single day, with slight changes to the exact time and like a devotional here and there. Sooooo yeah. That's my life day in and day out here at the MTC. I sleep, I eat, I work, I study, and I repeat all of that over and over again. Fun stuff, right?;P Anyway, it's been a good experience so far, as I have enjoyed learning the language and it's very essential to learn all of these things before I head out. But I will be glad when I can finally head out into the real world and start being a real missionary.
Anyway, I should probably be wrapping up now, as I'm sure most of you have better things to do than read my emails. So I'll just say thanks to a few people and then sign off. I'd like to thank Aunt Tam for the DELICIOUS brownies she sent in. Those were awesome. Thank you so much. I'd like to thank the Maxwell Family for the letter they sent, that was so sweet of them to take the time and effort to do so. And I'd like to thank the Poveys for the letters they have sent. You guys are the best! And I'd also like to thank my family for the support they've given. I couldn't ask for a better family.
And now, as usual, I will sign off with my testimony. I know that what I am doing is God's work, and that I am doing what He wants me to do. I have seen miracles here with regards to the gift of tongues, and so I KNOW, through experience, that the gift of tongues is real and that learning this language is something that God wants me to do in order to spread His restored gospel throughout all the world. I am so grateful for this experience, and wouldn't give it up for anything.

Sincerely,
Elder Hyrum Snell
At the Provo Temple.

A bunch of Davis buddies and I, which includes (from left to right) Sister Hinton's companion, Sister Hinton, me, Elder Stuart (crouching down) then Elders Jarvis, Hogan, and Dixon.

Elder Rusnell and me (also from Davis).

Elder Mack and I with matching ties from Paraguay.

Elders Mack, Hogan, Jarvis, Dixon and me at the choir practice (which we then performed for Elder Richard G. Scott of the Quorum of the 12 Apostles on Tuesday!)

My district and one of our friends from the Armenian district (Elder Kay, with the purple shirt on the top middle)

Me with a trio from the Indonesian group, which consists of Elders Paskett, Getter, and Chou (from left to right)